Ice Machine | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ice Machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have got to fit an ice machine on Monday, apparently it has two cold inlets and two wastes. One of the wastes is like a normal washing machine waste and the other is like a washing machine hose normally used as the cold inlet. How do I connect this into the waste? Is there like a 3/4" bsp waste connection? Has anyone ever seen that used as a waste before?

How about using a sink trap with washing machine spigot and screwing the hose onto the female thread that the spigot nut would screw onto? I'm not sure if it would work, I'm just thinking out loud... :D

How about using a sink trap with washing machine spigot and screwing the hose onto the female thread that the spigot nut would screw onto? I'm not sure if it would work, I'm just thinking out loud... :D

I was thinking that, but I didn't have one in the van to try it out on. Only got told the info on the job this evening.

Seen many with a pump underneath, like a Sanishower.

This one is right next to the sink, or so I am told, so needs to be connected into the waste under there. Just never had to connect a washing machine inlet hose to waste before haha

The drain hole is naturally at the bottom of the tank, any idea how high off the floor that will be? The one`s I`ve seen are around 6-10".

The drain hole is naturally at the bottom of the tank, any idea how high off the floor that will be? The one`s I`ve seen are around 6-10".

I haven't seen the machine. I would assume it would have an inbuilt pump in the unit? seeing as the other waste connection is just like a washing machine waste. This is the first ice machine I have ever dealt with to be honest.

I haven't seen the machine. I would assume it would have an inbuilt pump in the unit?

Quick google reveals some do have an inbuilt pump, sorry to distract the thread.

I have got to fit an ice machine on Monday, apparently it has two cold inlets and two wastes. One of the wastes is like a normal washing machine waste and the other is like a washing machine hose normally used as the cold inlet. How do I connect this into the waste? Is there like a 3/4" bsp waste connection? Has anyone ever seen that used as a waste before?

Mcalpine do a solvent weld overflow to 3/4" bsp adapter.

If you need the code for it reply back and i will find it.

Last edited:
Many that Iv'e fitted don't have a built in pump, we often run them into a small condensate pump and then in to a standpipe trap.

Its all sorted now, managed to find a strap on overflow connector which had a 3/4 thread. The machine had a built in pump, all sorted and a happy customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
When speedfit came out they one made that type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping for. The main...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
Need to dig down a couple of inches sorry to...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
If you measure the internal dia you should be...
Replies
Views
Back