Icon 40 heat only boiler, fault come on guys some one help me :) | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Icon 40 heat only boiler, fault come on guys some one help me :) in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
been to a ICON 40 heat only boiler and after alot of faffing around and testing after initially thinking the board was faulty i have narrowed it down to a certain fuse on the circuit board blowing,

now have changed the fuse twice and best way to describle the time the fuse blows is the pressure switch proves fan spins and then the boiler tries to ignite and the spark clicks 2-3 times then pops the fuse...........

any help apreciated tearing my hair out with this one guys! has any one seen the fault or no exactly what the fuse is protecting see photo as i took a pic of the board and fuse?

am i right in thinking this boiler was made by ideal ?? or not?

icon40.jpg

its a heat only boiler and pump is fine, a little noisy but runs, and the fan is also seeminglessly running ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
Another option you might consider is to add a...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Thanks for all the help, went...
Replies
Views
D
Replies
Views
Back