icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss icos ideal HE18 boiler only works for a short time - no fault code in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lezmclair

Hi I have had reason to drain my central heating system and take off 2 radiators. After refilling and turning the system back on,everything seemed ok. After switching the boiler on, it went to standby mode (O) on the control unit. Then after switching on the CH and hot water on the controller in the house, the LED flashed, then remained on after the boiler fired up and the control unit showed (C). However the boiler only runs for a while then stops. There is no fault code, just the LED light blinking on and off. The control unit still shows (C). I had a similar problem a couple of years ago during Winter when the condensate trap was clogged up with ice. After defrosting it, it worked fine again. I have tried removing the condensate trap, cleaned it out (there was a fair bit of crud in it), refilled it with clean water and refitted it. I thought this might have solved the problem. But again the boiler just ran for a few minutes then cut out with the LED just blinking off and on and the control unit showing (C). Any ideas?? Cheers. lez

Hi many thanks for answering. I dont think the pump has burnt out ( I hope not!)as I can still hear it working. I have bled and rebled the rads. I will have another go at bleeding ther air around the pump as ive been told that is a likely place. Cheers.

Hi I have bled some more air around the pump. Now everything works ok for approx 5-10 minutes. Water gets hot and rads work. However after this time it stops again as before. Do you think there could be more air trapped or have I knackered up the pump? if so is there a way to test this? Cheers. Lez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Probably a pressure sensor still involved but...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
I have a 4 years old Ideal boiler not a combi...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Back