Icos Ideal HE24 heats the hot water and only slightly heats the central heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Icos Ideal HE24 heats the hot water and only slightly heats the central heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudder

Hi

My problem is that I have hot water but no central heating (although the central heating does get slightly warm but only for a short while and not enough heat to warm a room let alone heat it)

I have an Ideal Icos boiler (sealed system I think it's known as). The programmer is a Honeywell, the thermostat is a wireless Drayton digistat, the cental heating pump is a Grundfos and the 2 silver actuators are Honeywell.

What I have done so far.

I have (several times) re-linked the thermostat with the wireless receiver (replaced the bateries too). I have tried the overide but the boiler still says '0' and not the usual 'c' when the central heating is on.

I have moved the switch on the actuator (I think that is what it is called) to manual - but it slips back to auto after a while.

I am wondering if it is the actuators and if so can I replace just the head or could it be the actual valve?

I have tried viewing other forums but none appear to give me the answer I need.

Thanks in advance.

Hi spudded welcome to the forum
sounds like you need to get a gas safe engineer in to sort it. Post on the looking for a gas safe registered forum on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Looks that way, a multimeter would tell alot...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
This was indeed the case, picked up a new zone...
Replies
Views
Back