idea needed for pricing of comertial work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss idea needed for pricing of comertial work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

P

phpaul

hi im asking as i have been asked by a large pub chain to price up the gas servicing on boilers commercial and domestic.
catering equipment griddles ovens hobs ect (commercial catering ).
i have no idea regards pricing and i need to get it right as the quals i need will come in at a grand maybe more .

the pub chain have asked for servicing and cp12 checks and certs
im just trying to get an idea in chargeable rates as the first lot is 30 pubs with maybe up to 70 pubs .
and the prev gas servicing company has just gone bump leaving the pub chain without primary gas contractors.

Make sure that last Co did-not go bust because pub chain did not pay them, are they willing to wait untill you get your quals ? What to charge is a good question, you could be in each pub a couple of days, dont go in to cheep on this sort of work, remember that you will be working on greasy cookers etc they will also expect you to do call outs, are all the pubs in your area ? if not it could involve a lot of running around.

Last edited:
And the Catering equipment will have to be done out of pub opening hours.
i currently do all the domestic work and plumbing ect ..they are ok to wait till ive sorted my tickets they have been ask ing me to take over the servicing for a few years now due to the quality of my service to them..so im ok with how they pay ect . just need to get some idea on rates for this work

Try ringing one or two local Co tell them you are thinking of opening a Cafe & are after prices for serviceing your kitchen equipment, Would think that Catering work would be quite costly, if the price of parts is anthing to go by, Did a call to a local Fesitval last week for a chip fryer £100.00 per Hr (Agency call) Maybe pub chain are thinking that you are going to charge Plumbing rate ! but if you are ok with that price then go with it, have you easy access to all there pubs ? and allow for being on call 7 days a week, and haveing to keep a good stock of parts on the van, as they would be expecting same day repair ! you may even need to think about takeing someone else on to cover this amount of work. Remember that if you can-not keep up with demand they will drop you like a hot chip.

as we speak the chips are in the air bud .. where they will land is any buggers call..ps welsh for microwave is popit a ping lol

Similar plumbing topics

Need to get a commercial lpg Comcat engineer...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Purely for interest, on large gas lines it...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
Back