Ideal again!!! | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal again!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
3rd time now this mysteriously has happened on Ideal's supposed 7 year warranty.

Boiler defect under warranty period sort it out for cust only for ideal to say they have not registered warranty.
Custs swear they have but ideal say that they have no record however stump up £95 and they will place the warranty on the boiler ......hmmmm suspect.

and thats why i dont fit ideal least Worcester will come out and fix it

Most of the ideals i fit now is what the cust has researched and opted for before i even price.

As an installer they are a dead easy fit however the after service is really crap.

Most of the ideals i fit now is what the cust has researched and opted for before i even price.

As an installer they are a dead easy fit however the after service is really crap.

thats fair enough aslong as you warn them ideal are slippery there's nothing you can do

Ideal is my main boiler of choice,

and i have never had an issue with warranty calls , but i do fit big amount,
i know your down south maybe the service isnt as good. where as in yorkshire i can only say they are tip top. but they are made here so maybe that makes a difference.

i would have a word with the rep.

I have had a couple issues with logics I have fitted, but they have always sorted it. I register the warranty online for my customer so could easily prove that is was done if necessary

I have had a couple issues with logics I have fitted, but they have always sorted it. I register the warranty online for my customer so could easily prove that is was done if necessary

same here i always register it aswell on installe connect why not at and a bonus of £26.75 for a logic and £35.00 for a vogue. thats my spending money for when i go on holiday

hammers the problem may be that your not registering them through installer connect. tend to think you will get better service if you do.

Wozzies n baxi now from now on unless the cust specific asks for ideal .

Only two that actually back up what they promise.

i also rate worcester service as tip top aswell im just not prepared to jump through their hoops to be an accredited installer when i can get big warranties and benefits with ideal with no hassle at all.

you see we have problems with baxi's round here.
so i suppose you could put it down regional variations.

Ideal is my main boiler of choice,

and i have never had an issue with warranty calls , but i do fit big amount,
i know your down south maybe the service isnt as good. where as in yorkshire i can only say they are tip top. but they are made here so maybe that makes a difference.

i would have a word with the rep.

Free whippet with every breakdown :)

you see we have problems with baxi's round here.
so i suppose you could put it down regional variations.

Like wise, Heatteam are the worst people I have ever dealt with. I wouldn't ever fix a baxi due to the absolutely shocking back up service provided.

3rd time now this mysteriously has happened on Ideal's supposed 7 year warranty.

Boiler defect under warranty period sort it out for cust only for ideal to say they have not registered warranty.
Custs swear they have but ideal say that they have no record however stump up £95 and they will place the warranty on the boiler ......hmmmm suspect.
It's why to be honest I always take all paperwork with me and do it all myself because it's more hassle than it's worth relying on the customer.

same here i always register it aswell on installe connect why not at and a bonus of £26.75 for a logic and £35.00 for a vogue. thats my spending money for when i go on holiday

Same here. Register on installer connect, use my email address for warranty confirmation. I keep a copy of the warranty "certificate", then forward the email to the customer. So I have proof that it's been done. Although to be fair, I've never had an issue with Ideal. Had a batch of dodgy gas valves a while ago, they just sent new valves out, next day delivery, no quibble.

I always register the products as I've had custs sayin they have when the didn't

Same here. Register on installer connect, use my email address for warranty confirmation. I keep a copy of the warranty "certificate", then forward the email to the customer. So I have proof that it's been done. Although to be fair, I've never had an issue with Ideal. Had a batch of dodgy gas valves a while ago, they just sent new valves out, next day delivery, no quibble.

What! You fitted the valves yourself? Sod that, they can diagnose and fix it themselves. Unless there going to pay me!

Ideals are tat,except the vogue,seeing cracked sumps on young logics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
No, decided to go for Viessmann Vitodens 100-W...
Replies
Views
4 year old Logic + I installed just been...
Replies
Views
Back