ideal boiler constant ignition | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal boiler constant ignition in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chelsea

just had a call and going to have a look later

customer says once boiler is lit

it carrys on sparking on the ignition,to me sounds like the pcb

anyone can help me with this>

check polarity on mains feed into boiler,earth on boiler,ask if any elecy work done on house

first check would be the polarity - as all boiler checks should start with the simple safety checks. then i would be checking the flame sensor.

If polarity was reverse it would not spark at all !!

the basic checks carried out at the beginning of every fault finding job i do on a boiler are the polarity, earth and live checks regardless of the problem

then i would go on to checking the parts i felt were faulty which in this case the flame sensing device would be one of them - so everyone is right.

and you are absolutely correct to check in this manner it could well be sparking and not detecting with reversed polarity,and i would do the same check detection lead/electrode next with a continuity test failing that its the pcb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I would advise you to use a gas safe...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
Except the pump menu has other settings then...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
Back