Ideal boiler had the F1 code, so topped pressure up but code persists. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal boiler had the F1 code, so topped pressure up but code persists. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

After researching as much as I can to sort this problem, I keep reading that if your Ideal boiler has an F1 code and the pressure is low, it needs topping up.

If it has an F1 code but the pressure is fine, then this indicates a potential pressure sensor fault.
What if it was low (completely gone) and I've now topped it up (1.7ish bar) but the F1 code persists on? I've tried resetting the boiler and turning it off and on again.

Any ideas of anything else I can do without calling someone out would be appreciated.

Probably a pressure sensor still involved but some boilers don't measure the static pressure head, they sense the circ pump pressure rise each time it starts so possibly circ pump problem?.

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable...
Replies
Views
Morco feb 24ed3 has a f1 fault code. The...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
As above don't trust the gauge it may be stuck...
Replies
Views
Back