ideal classic boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal classic boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johnnyfive

Hello all I don’t know if anyone can help me,

I have ideal classic boiler I would like to know if this is normal. If I switch off the room thermostat and hot water down stairs in the hall should the boiler keep kicking in and heating the pipes that go into the cupboard upstairs where the cylinder is for the hot water. The pump up stairs runs all the time (sometimes it does switches off) but most of the time it is on. I don’t know if the Drayton valve is faulty.

I just don't understand why the boiler should be off and it's wasting gas

thanks Jonathan

IMAG0291.jpgIMAG0292.jpg

Nothing to do with the boiler usually Jonathan. More likely yourvalve? do you just have the one?

Last edited by a moderator:
where would i find the zone valve. is it the radiators valve.

IMAG0293.jpgok found it, would it be best for me just to replace it as it just unclips,

usually there are at least two of these, one for heating, the other for hot water. Do you have two or more? one of them is defunct by the sounds of it!

usually there are at least two of these, one for heating, the other for hot water. Do you have two or more? one of them is defunct by the sounds of it!

IMAG0294.jpg

the valve at the top is for hot water this looks to be working ok, the other one drayton zone valve for the heating. i can move the lever and hear a click (sound like its should be doing something)

I also have a Ideal Classic.....getting hot water..heating will not always work , boiler has been serviced and is in good condition.. any idea what the problem could be...tried several times today to put heating on but nothing.....nothing.......thanks for any help you can offer

Johnyfive ... usually when a valve fails the internal switching goes astray. Doesn't matter if the valve closes or not the switch inside doesn't! One of the two heads is most likely faulty. There's a process to find out which, and whether this is the case ...... get someone to check that they are okay! It won't cost you an arm and a leg, Well maybe a leg!! LOL ... kiddn'

I also have a Ideal Classic.....getting hot water..heating will not always work , boiler has been serviced and is in good condition.. any idea what the problem could be...tried several times today to put heating on but nothing.....nothing.......thanks for any help you can offer

Jay b, You're looking at external controls ... timer, room stat, control valve! Where you at? UK's baked at the mo!

Jay b, You're looking at external controls ... timer, room stat, control valve! Where you at? UK's baked at the mo!

I know it's hot...... but ive had some new rad's put in, while i was having new floor laid..got a new programer and thermostat, worked fine when they where all installed..called the fitter and it worked for him fine several times...so i have tried to put heating on since, so that i can check the rad's are all ok and not leaking....gonna call him again..but just wanted to know if it's going to be an expensive job and any ideas of what could be causing it............................

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
If you want lower hot water temperatures and...
Replies
Views
L
That shouldn't happen. Going to need lots of...
Replies
Views
Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
M
I would advise you to use a gas safe...
Replies
Views
Back