Ideal Classic LXFF Boiler no pilot light | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Classic LXFF Boiler no pilot light in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sjhoughton

Hi

Hope someone can help as I am going through one of those periods at the moment that everything seems to be breaking down and I cant afford anything else at the moment.

On the back of the Panel Ive taken off the boiler it says Classic LXFF & FF Fanned Flue Gas Boiler - Ideal.

I noticed yesterday that there was no hot water and no now this morning noticed no heating eiither.

I can see now that the pilot light is not lit on the boiler. Ive followed the instructions on the panel of the boiler but the pilot light is not lighting.

Can anyone give some advice on any simple things I can check before I pay someone to come out please.

When I turn the boiler off and on it makes the initital sound for a second that it is trying to ignite but nothing happens.
(top of the boiler is warm to touch if that means anything) and it is making a noise as if something is happening.

There is a reset button (overheat button) on the right hand side but this hasnt popped out so I assume this isnt relevant.

But - no hot water and no heating!

I really would appreciate any help and advice anyone can give that I can try.

thank you
Simon

I think you will need to call someone out. You need to get the pilot light going. I had same problem once. It turned out to be regulator at gas meter and not the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks. Got someone coming tomorrow as part of...
Replies
Views
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
You need a new service engineer not a new...
Replies
Views
Back