ideal classic LXFF FF | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal classic LXFF FF in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesky

Gas Engineer
hi all,

a friend of mine has problem with his boiler, i am still learning and not qualified gas engineer, just tried to help, i followed the procedure and found the pcb is gone, i am thinking to to buy a new pcb, but cannot find GC number of the biler, can only see ideal classic LXFF FF, does it matter if i buy any IdeaL class like 230 or 250? where can i buy it?

cheers in advance

What makes you sure it's the pcb? What sort of system is it on?

hi, there is no manual available, it is a room sealed system boiler, i can only find : ideal classic lxff ff on the control panel

the fan has no electricity, when i toughed the pcb then it began to work for 2 seconds, apparently something wrong with the pcb, checked pts website, cannot find model: ideal lxff ff....

your not really able to diagnose this are you? can you use a multimeter? it would help us help you

i bet the pump is llff ff'd.

now the pcb,
now the fan.lol.
now the aps.

Check the clear box near the front left corner, these contacts power the fan. Turn one the boiler check that they move. Problem is if it has already been changed the box will not be clear. Look for sutt in the box where the contacts have shorted. Pcb costs around £130 from city plumbing

when i tried to disconnect the fan from the pcb, there was sparkinging on pcb, then boiler began to work, but only worked 5 seconds, then i tried to disconnect the fan again, the boiler began to again, just like this, is the sparking on pcb normal? i assume there was los-connection on pcb, but it is inside the pcb instead of fan connection...

Seriously get a Gas Safe Engineer! could be an expensive mistake & if you get it right you'll need to commission the boiler[ pressures safety's etc]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Yes get your mate registered. Sorry I jest but...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
P
Get your post count up send your gsr details...
Replies
Views
Barry98
B
I
Agreed. You need a gsr in to look at your...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back