IDEAL E-Type RS - 35N boiler turning on intermitently | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss IDEAL E-Type RS - 35N boiler turning on intermitently in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kalifornia7

Hi I have an IDEAL E-Type RS - 35N boiler its been running perfectly fine for the past year and a half. This morning it started to play up.

It seems to fire up for both the HW & CH and CH on its own but only stays on for about 5 minutes. Then intermitently fires on and off, sometimes it doest fire up at all.

Any ideas what it could be?

could be lots of things but it sounds like a pump or circulation issues you really need a gsr engineer (or plumber) to take a look

As said probably external from boiler,are rads and water getting hot still ?

Its actually a little overdue for a service, the boiler doesnt stay on consistantly long enough to get the rads hot. the water certainly got heated.

It may be an external control breakdown. I recomend you consider replacing the boiler, as this is very old and likely to contain asbestos seals. They were great boilers in there time and run on for years, but considering parts availability and efficiency (65%) you should look at updating your system.

A new high efficiency boiler with compliant controls will give you 90%+ efficiency. So in therory could cut your fuel consumption considerably.

I was hoping for a fix to carry me on for a couple more years until funds permit a new boiler. I thought these boilers were bullet proof!!!

I was hoping for a fix to carry me on for a couple more years until funds permit a new boiler. I thought these boilers were bullet proof!!!

Yer, not bullet proof, but very reliable. You may even qualify for the goverment boiler scrapage scheme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks that definitely seems to be the...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Hi. Currently experiencing an issue with our...
Replies
Views
I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
Back