Ideal Elan 2 boiler fault! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Elan 2 boiler fault! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasik

The boiler work for about 30 sec and then stop, 30sec later it will come on again and so on. The boiler working like this for the last two days.
The problem occured when the system demand for heating and hot water.

What could be the problem?

I've found this problem before, it wore out the gas valve soleniod. I found an resetable over heat stat was cuasing the problem.
Try replacing, relatively inexspensive.

Regards Andy

The radiators are ok, but the water in the cylinder are only warm!

Have you checked cylinder stat?
Do you have a 3 port or 2x2 port moterised valves?

If 2 port valve on HW lock open valve (if possible) when calling for heat, does cylinder flow and return get hot?

Do you have any way of venting cylinder coil? (sometimes air becomes trapped reducing flow)

If venting the cylinder fails, possible component faillure or wiring fault.

Regards Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Andrew

At first I thought the problem was with the hot water only, but I have the same problem when the heating system is on demanding (boiler run for 30sec then off for 30sec...)
So I don't know if I have a problem with the boiler or with one of the components around the hot water cylinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Back