Ideal ff240 boiler issue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal ff240 boiler issue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have just joined and hope someone maybe able to give some advice. I have had various plumbers look at this but still have the issue.

The boiler does the following:

It can do this for hours but then lights and stays on.

System is one with hot water and cold water tank in the loft.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Dan,

It looks and sounds to me like you need a decent gas safe registered engineer. Forum rules stipulate we cannot and will not give out gas safe advice on the assumption that the advice turns into posting person carrying out unsafe gas “work”. If you can’t get a decent engineer, then maybe someone on this forum could take a look depending where you are. Also Ideal offer service and out of warranty repairs.

Thanks,
Chris.

Thanks Chris. I won't carry the work out myself as I believe anything gas should be left to the experts but instead would just like some advice as to what it could be. I was hoping my plumber would be able to find the problem but with it being intermittent I seem to be just throwing money away.

I recently had an issue where the boiler wouldn't fire at all and it turned out to be the fan which I had replaced but 2 weeks later and I have another problem.

And right there is the problem mate we tell you what it might be, you think ah how hard can it be and you kill your self or your family. We have a duty of care and as such will offer no advice on this matter. In addition it is on open forum so anyone can see it. We will never give diy gas knowledge whether you say you’re going to get someone in or not, how do we know? You have been given excellent advice to get a gas safe engineer in. They are trained for a purpose. Alternatively you could contact ideal for a fixed price repair although your boiler may well be too old.
Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
A
I looked up the faults out of curiosity as I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
new p.h. ex. that will be alot cheaper than a...
Replies
Views
Back