Ideal HE15 central heating won't work but hot water does? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal HE15 central heating won't work but hot water does? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dodgym3

Hi
I have a ideal HE15 boiler the hot water works but the central heating won't fire up. It states that it should be on via the digi timer board and the thermostat clicks. There are no fault codes showing. Bled the radiators etc but will not kick in ?..
Please help
Thanks tim

It's not a boiler fault. Possibly the 3 port valve but just because the stat clicks doesn't mean it is working or getting power from the programmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It's not a boiler fault. Possibly the 3 port valve but just because the stat clicks doesn't mean it is working or getting power from the programmer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi

Thank you for your reply. 3 Port? i am not sure what this is. I have put to manual on programmer etc but no joy. Light on programmer states CH is on but boiler not kicking in.
Water kicks in as normal on the program timer.
:{

Is the room thermostat battery operated? About the only thing you could do before getting someone in is make sure that it's not just them needed replacing if it is battery operated :) :welcome:

Nothing to do with timer etc ! look in cylinder cupboard you should have either 1 or 2 valves on the pipes near the pump one of these will be the problem

The water came on fired up the boiler but heating. I knew supply from programmer was working as status was C no error code. I turned the thermostat up on my mums boiler but no heating. Saw the light on thermostat flashing red replaced batteries and woosh heating came on. If I'd not been at my mums this weekend she would have called out heating engineer.Try this first.

The water came on fired up the boiler but heating. I knew supply from programmer was working as status was C no error code. I turned the thermostat up on my mums boiler but no heating. Saw the light on thermostat flashing red replaced batteries and woosh heating came on. If I'd not been at my mums this weekend she would have called out heating engineer.Try this first.

He's prob had a new boiler by now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

L
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
Back