Ideal Heat H18 | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Heat H18 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi All after some advice. Called out to a boiler with a noise(didn't do it when I first got there), reverberating noise on low rate. It was also due a service, checked and cleaned condensate( and pipe), cleaned heat exchanger,(replaced burner as deflection in the plate), replace spark/flame electrodes, clean injector/venturi, all readings checking out. Ideal told me it needed a new fan(fitted it still same problem), only think I haven't dismantled is the flue, elbow facing you at front of boiler(unable to access clamping screw(new build and think it was put in and then rotated)). so elbow toward 90 elbow on it's side facing left with length of flue out wall....all looks good looking into the flue from outside(no visible blockage)......they then told me I needed to redo condensate(WTF)....poured loads of water into outlet in boiler.....drained well. cut section of rigid pipe out under sink....wet vacced and co2 cannister blasted down there....all seems good. Any constructive advice appreciated. I don't think I have forgot anything.

I think you have covered the obvious things.
Maybe try the condensate into a bucket for a few days to rule out back pressure building up

Gas valve

Gas valve
Said this to Ideal as I have changed quite a few on Logics that are off the scale on minimum, but spot on max.....they said it won't be the gas valve apparently. I think I have one(new) in the garage....may just put it on and try it.

What are your reading's when it's on Low Rate?

You're either not getting enough flow through the burner or as Shaun says Gas valve. However when the gas valve is faulty i've usually had readings off the scale on low rate.

What are your reading's when it's on Low Rate?

You're either not getting enough flow through the burner or as Shaun says Gas valve. However when the gas valve is faulty i've usually had readings off the scale on low rate.
readings all check out on low rate(had them before where it maxes out on low...but fine on max.

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Recently over the past 2 months, the boiler or...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back