Ideal Icos HE 15 fault... | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Icos HE 15 fault... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

willing2learn

...popped over to neighbours at 10pm tonight (she looks after our pup, so couldn't say no!!), they have the above boiler. Looks like it has now power. Nothing on the display is showing. I checked the fuse at the spur, all fine, an CH pump fires fine.

Does this sound like a pcd fault? I noticed it has the original pcb in and not the revised orange one. Or are there any other fast fuses tucked away that could be worth trying first? I think I have a spare pcb for this boiler that I'll try tomorrow.

I think there is a fast blow fuse, it pulls out in a retainer type thing. Also had this fault a while back and turned out to be reversed plolarity and after checking with the customer they had a sparky rewire the kitchen after a refit. Got him back out and he fixed his mistake and the boiler fired. Also if it is the PCB, which is most likely, then you have to check the ohms accoss the fan and it can be the fan that causes the PCB to blow.

Well you would say symptoms of a pcb fault

Most be horrible having one next door to you,taunting you every day,as you go in and out your home :(;)

I think there is a fast blow fuse, it pulls out in a retainer type thing. Also had this fault a while back and turned out to be reversed plolarity and after checking with the customer they had a sparky rewire the kitchen after a refit. Got him back out and he fixed his mistake and the boiler fired. Also if it is the PCB, which is most likely, then you have to check the ohms accoss the fan and it can be the fan that causes the PCB to blow.
Cheers Tom, any idea where the fuse is hidden? I feel a googling session coming on!! Also, what sort of resistance should I be looking for across the fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Display board can fail but 90 % of the time it...
Replies
Views
Sorry, the forum rules forbid discussion of...
Replies
Views
Heating repaired. Was the central heating zone...
Replies
Views
Thnx for getting back to us
Replies
Views
Back