ideal icos HE 18 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal icos HE 18 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

steve1149

Hello,
I woke this morning to find out that my central heating was not working, on investigation i discovered that the led lights were flashing from F to L repeatedly, i pressed the reset button but still won't fire up, i will tell you on some other blog i read that it would be the trap & that on removal to clean it out there would be about a half a bucket of murky water there was barely half a cup, i have also checked the supply tank in the loft there is sufficient water in but it is slimey,
can i add that prior to this new problem for some time i have had a banginging noise from my system this i assumed to be trapped air, so i blead the system all radiators but it did not stop the banging, then i remembered that since the weather has got colder i had tured up the boiler to maximum so i turned it back down to about - ten past twelve - position which stopped the banging, but now i am faced with this new problem & being dissabled with a chronic heart condition & no money to afford a new boiler, i would be obliged if you could help me by telling what the problem is & cost,
thankyou. Steve

l/f is flame fauilre, this can be caused by a few things really but my money would be on a blocked condense thats backfilling into the boiler and knocking the boiler into lockout. Its a quite a common fault with these boilers. As for the cost, you cannot really put a cost on a job until you get there and see what you are dealing with. you could need work doing to your system to stop this happening again, assuming it is the condense at fault. But this is seriously something that you could and should not attempt to do yourself, get a GSE in to have a look and advise you what is needed and what can be done to stop it happening again.

As above, I went to one yesterday and the LF fault was due to the tenant running out of credit on his pre pay gas meter. Made me laugh :)

As above, I went to one yesterday and the LF fault was due to the tenant running out of credit on his pre pay gas meter. Made me laugh :)

I think they should have to do a dare picked by us when they do this - It always seems to happen on that jobs that are far away or late a night:mad:

Been there done that 80 mile round trip I was not laughing

but know what ya mean

many thanks Villa_tom for your reply i will take your advice & call a GSE in to fix the problem,
And thanks also to other replys but i have permanent gas supply & not a pay as you go meter.
regards.
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the info regarding the start-up...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Super late to the party but... I heard a...
Replies
Views
Back