ideal icos he24 LA fault code | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal icos he24 LA fault code in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sanghera

:confused:Hi guys,
well I'm new to this site, and really hoping someone can help me!

My dad who is a pensioner had a ideal icos he24 fitted just over two years ago via warmsure/front? since oct 2010 the stupid thing keeps breaking down. It displays LA fault code everytime which in the manual means an overheating problems. At first it was intermitent, but from DEC it seems to be a weekly occasion. It mainly happens first thing in the morning, but has happened at times during the evening too. In the past month we have had differing engineers out 6 times! None have been very useful. They have changed the switch, bled the radiators three times in two weeks, one asked me what the problem was?, another said our radiators were rusty (all have been brand new 18 months ago, another said it was the pressure, yet the pressure gauage is always between 1.5 -2, so again this cant be the problem. The latest has said we have to watch it?? watch what? apparently watch what is causing the problem, the water or the heating. I explained we have both timed to come on at the same time, to this he said thats fine, just call us out again if it happens. But I KNOW it will happen again, but they cant/or wont fix it. Can anyone help as not only is it annoying, it is also costly as I have to keep taking time off work to stay in and wait all day for them to come out.
Any help or advice would be most welcome.

Icos and Isar put it back in its box (skip) and get rid of nothing but trouble

If you have spent more than half the cost of a new boiler cut your losses change it for a new boiler
only ever fitted 2 and had trouble with both, and one was for a good friend which strained our friend ship .

If you pay Ideal £97.00 call out I thing that was the amount they will come out and repair it then pay about £24.00 a month and extend the warranty.
cheaper to have a new boiler installed with 5 years guarantee like a new Vaillant

Really? that bad? Warmsure are still coming out to fix it at the moment free as the problem started before the end of the warranty thankfully! I don't know much about warmsure but if this boiler make is so bad, would they replace with something better?

Thanks for your reply and advice, the more and more I read about this boiler the more I seem to agree with you.

on this forum i am well known for suggesting a certain tool for repairing all ideal icos,...........its called a Axe,failing that if funds allow repair it with a potterton performa 24 eco he (if a combi) or a performa 24 he system then you will have a reliable boiler as the other lads have said your boilers the biggest pig in the pork ever made get rid

Oh dear, it really must be awful. Thanks for your advice, I will call Warmsure again and see if they would be willing to change it. I bet they got paid well more than what that boiler is worth by the Government. Supposed to be a scheme to keep pensioners warm, not drive them to despair and freeze them in the process!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Probably a pressure sensor still involved but...
Replies
Views
Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
Back