Ideal icos he24 system boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal icos he24 system boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesyGoosey1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Been to a breakdown on this boiler today it's firing up for a couple of mins going off does it 3 times then goes to lockout on L f I've changed the rectifacation probe still the so stripped the burner out that all fine insulation is all good, took the conny sump off and it was bone dry cleaned it out filled it with water, tried it again still the same. Has any one had this before?

Check the combustion chamber isn't clogged

Also where the white pipe comments to gas valve us clear and not full of water

Check for power to gv and good spark

Yes mate pumps running fine it's a strange one I've checked everything in the mi for the l f fault code but still no joy

Ve had a pump seize on me on this boiler at temp too

Was flow hot and return cold? Check thirmisters, think there is a sticky about resistance values . Is there defo flow? What happens If u turn temp right down?

Yes there's heat leavening the boiler the rads will start to heat up when it's fireing on and off I didn't check the thermistors resistance I will do when I go back Monday tea time thanks never thought of that. The thing that puzzled me was the conny trap been bone dry never had that on any boiler before

Was flow hot and return cold? Check thirmisters, think there is a sticky about resistance values . Is there defo flow? What happens If u turn temp right down?

It's not a sticky. Search icos resistance

Is the sump to trap clear?
I've had to hammer a screwdriver into the outlet to clear it more than once.

Ye mate sump to trap clear as a bell had the trap off n sump cover off all clear goin into trap

Gunna do erm, will give ideal a ring on Monday see how long it is till they blame the board ha

check wiring to detection probe seen one or 2 chaff going through the combustion box also they can get trapped going into the pcb via the metal drop down bracket

Cheers gas man forgot to mention the plastic coating had come off it but it was inside the plastic connector that goes on the probe and it had continuity threw it and it wasn't damaged other than plastic coating I was gunna change it although I wasn't convinced it was the fault till I got the price of one 50 quid+

Had one like this.....the spark on the probes were really weak and intermittant when I took them out and watched them..i replaced the pcb and it was fine. Take out the probes and watch them through the ignition sequence and se what happens.

Just a quick update on this all sorted now there was water in the gas main custard forgot to mention that 3 days before I came the street had been cut off do to water in the main transco been out and got the water out all sorted thanks for all the suggestions

That's a weird one. I've had it before though on a Baxi duo tec and the symptoms were the same. But to suggest that is the issue would be clutching at straws. I found it by checking the gas pressure, which dropped off after ignition. I opened up the gas connection to the gas valve and water came out. Only reason I found it. I just cut in to the gas pipework at it's lowest point and drained a bucket full of water out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Your sensitivity, arrogance and ignorance are...
Replies
Views
C
You could prob have two circuits joined by a...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
Back