Ideal Icos m3080 condensing boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Icos m3080 condensing boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jmcclintock77

Hi,

I have the above boiler with an unvented tap in the airing cupboard. I want to drain the system as I'm fitting some new radiators and a new ensuite.

I'm unsure how to refill/repressurise the system once the work is done. I've previously been told I need to let the water back into the house then open the filler tap but cant seem to locate it on the boiler. Any suggestions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

James

Is your system an open system with a tank in the loft or a sealed system? Need a bit more info please:)

Thanks for the speedy replies!

It's a sealed system, no tank in the loft

Sorry - I meant 'unvented tank' in the airing cupboard and did mean the fill loop.

SDC12129.jpgSDC12137.jpgSDC12130.jpg

Can you take a picture of the upper half of the airing cupboard?

Yes, it's that black tap to the right, below the red vessel.

Thankyou very much. I take it I turn the stop tap back on to let water back into the system, turn the boiler back on, then come upstairs and repressurise?

That gauge, facing to the left, look at that when filling the system, get it to just over a bar, then go and bleed any radiators that need it, then top pressure up,then you can fire boiler, let it all get hot then go and bleed upstairs radiators again.

turn stop tap back on, leave boiler off until pressurised and all radiators bled then turn boiler on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
It's not easy, house is also a HMO so makes...
Replies
Views
Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Sounds like you have found a blockage, if so...
Replies
Views
RobinA
R
C
You'll need a shower pump or swap to an...
Replies
Views
Back