Ideal Icos service tips | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Icos service tips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWheating

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
dont normally touch them now as i dont do alot of service and maintenance work but have fitted god knows how many icos/isars. I have promised to service one this weekend for a favor :(. Anyway apart from following MI any tips or common problems with them i should be wary of? anything need replacing on regular service? unfortunately borrowing gas mans axe was shot down as a suggestion :)

the boiler is post 2003 so should have the redesigned burner box.

i remember reading in one post about pouring boiler water down the flue?

any advise would be appreciated

Condensate sump is prone to blocking :) Also check the burner chamber insulation is in place and the retaining clips haven't warped.

I service a lot of Icos's (lucky me huh!).

Check the spark electrode. They droop and is a common cause of explosive ignition in this boiler.

As said, check the sump. Pay particular attention to the hole that leads to the trap is clear. I've known it to completely block up. The last one I serviced I had to change the condense trap as it had blocked, and cooked. It was like a lump of volcanic rock in the trap.

As said, check the insulation and the retaining/earth clips.

If you are going to examine the insulation in the combustion chamber you will need the gasket kit, which is a rip off. I don't always check the burner as it's generally pretty clean (combustion results confirming of course), and you can check the spark electrode and the flame rec' probe without going to the trouble/expense.

Last edited:
Anyone know the size of the bolts holding the combustion chamber together? i'm after a flexi spanner type thing, just need to know the size.

Thanks

dont services these now with out going armed with a spark electrode / insulation and ionisation mod kit / burner seal.
anyone got any tips how to remove the condense trap i seem ok on the icos but stgruggle with the issar

retaining bolt on left hand side as your looking at it (flat screwdriver) and one phillips screwdriver for right hand side, the worst bit is getting that rubbish rubber tube back on once youve got s trap off

Anyone know the size of the bolts holding the combustion chamber together? i'm after a flexi spanner type thing, just need to know the size.

Thanks
as said 8mm,you dont need a flexy driver just a standard 1/4 socket set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

i did one on wednesday, orange box. only took...
Replies
Views
kay-jay
K
L
Replies
Views
L
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
I
Hi fuzzy. After an interview with the ceo in...
Replies
Views
innertemple
I
Back