ideal isar he 30 | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal isar he 30 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
i;ve got no power to the boiler,external fuse fine,i noticed water pressure was very high when cold, no mi , i was wondering do these have an internal reset button or an internal fuse that would go first,any ideas.

if the fuse has gone you need to fined out y its blow

yes thats why i mentioned the high water pressure prob not linked but you never no with these boilers they have not got the best of reputations,could be main pcb as the boiler not responing at all

check for power at the switch terminals, you can also take the user pcb out and plug it directly onto the main pcb to eliminate the cable that joins the two.

The latest boards are orange I believe, and yep, these boilers seem to eat pcb's.

check for power at the switch terminals, you can also take the user pcb out and plug it directly onto the main pcb to eliminate the cable that joins the two.

The latest boards are orange I believe, and yep, these boilers seem to eat pcb's.

i'm sure this board is black,whats the price of a new board

You need the check the ohms across the fan - the fan can cause the fuse/PCB to blow. Not to sure without my book what the ohms reading should be. But if you ring Ideal they will talk you through it - thats how I found out the problem. There will be no point in changing the fuse if it keeps blowing, and no point in replacing the board if its blown as the fan can take it out again.

fuse is 3.15 i believe
one of the main problems with the pcb is the on board transformer.
the primary of the transformer was not protected and went open circuit when too much current was drawn ie fan drawing excess current.
the board i believe was made in china and the transformer in holland afa i know.
the transformers could not be sourced making the pcb an achilles heal.
i would be interested if anyone now has a source for these transformers.
latest board is orange version type 9
cheers

Agree with plumbster3456 worst boiler made the ideal range are very poor quality, remember when they were the best boilers on the market,

I don't know they have gone from a boiler like the Ideal classic, which I have worked on loads and never had any major issues with, to the Icos/Isar. I dont think you'll find a bloke anywhere who will say a good word about them.

I love um, new PCB sir/madam? in and out in 30 mins, I'd gladly swap pcb's on isar's all day long :)

I know what you are saying bronzino you can make easy money repairing them nothing hard about changing pcb, but i would rather have happy customers who have boilers that have a proven track record, we can all fit crap and have ongoing repairs/work, but people are already wary of us with programmes like watchdog etc giving us bad press, they think we are all out to rip them off, we need programmes about crap boiler manufacturers, that would be a step in right direction, Valliant and Viessmann can make good boilers (German) why cant we, they are that confident they offer a 3/5 year guarantee, cant see Ideal doing that on there icos/isar range!

I work for a letting agent and I have a block of flats to look after and there are 15 isar's just in that block!! PCB change just last week and constant LF errors. I've made sure that the letting agent know about isar's and icos's poor build/design and reputation.

Think about all those poor folks who have had boilers installed through warmfront. They are banging them in left, right and centre.

Me too

Good earner though as they are easy to work on

I love um, new PCB sir/madam? in and out in 30 mins, I'd gladly swap pcb's on isar's all day long :)
agree pcbs go all the time worst boiler made from ideal ever :) a lot of the new builds near me few years back were throughing the isars in very big new estates dotted all over.
I dont know why they were fitted by house builders must have been cheap to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

M
I would advise you to use a gas safe...
Replies
Views
I also noticed that the pressure gauge is...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
D
  • Question
Aqualisa digital showers are great. There is...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Back