Ideal Isar HE24 Gas Valve | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Isar HE24 Gas Valve in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanner2k7

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

Just replaced the gas valve on my brothers boiler, now I am getting a vibrating noise from the combustion chamber, so much the front panel vibrates loudly.

Does not do it constantly, but mainly when it fires up, and on occassion.

I have checked Inlet pressure getting 20.4mb and a gas heatg input of 17.66kw nett where it should be 24.3kw

Any ideas what it could be causing it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Have you checked gas valve outlet pressure? It should be zero when operating! It sounds like it maybe under gassed :)

Would start with cleaning out the sump and condi trap. Then would look at the electrodes.

Would start with cleaning out the sump and condi trap. Then would look at the electrodes.

I totaly agree GrahamM ... I'm maybe jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly ... could be the usual blocked condensate yeh :)

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies, boiler was not making the sound with the old valve, it was also coming with Fault code "FL". Got totally anoyed with it, and refitted the old valve and got no problems, could the new valve have a faulty solenoid??

Curious as to whether the gas rate got better with the old valve? If it wasn't bust then why change it? Again just wondering :) IF the valve wasn't supplying enough gs I'd suspect a partially opening valve rather than fully or blocked filter on it? Checking the outlet pressure can tell you whether it's functioning correctly or not ... !

Curious as to whether the gas rate got better with the old valve? If it wasn't bust then why change it? Again just wondering :) IF the valve wasn't supplying enough gs I'd suspect a partially opening valve rather than fully or blocked filter on it? Checking the outlet pressure can tell you whether it's functioning correctly or not ... !

The only reason I changed it is because they said they cold smell gas, when the boiler was on ,I have been around a couple of times, but only noticed a slight smell once, pipework tested fine, no drop, I sprayed every joint with LDS and nothing showed.

I even spoke to a Ideal Maintenace guy, and he said he had never come across that problem.

Any ideas what the smell could be from, at first they said "the smell was of rotten eggs"

Blocked condi or bad electrodes usually give the 'FL' code in my experience. And in conjunction with the banging I would still be looking at this first. As to the smell of gas. How far away is the flue from door/window? Did you stick your head down at the sink?

FL code only came up when i put the new gas valve on, put old one back on, no problems.

Smell happens when windows are shut.

Check the flue seals , there is a good few of these round my way and they seem to be made from chocolate

They can suffer from the s trap getting blocked which can release fumes. I guess this would depend on where the condense goes ie into sink waste etc or direct to outside.

As has already been said before flue seals etc.

Electrodes can cause explosive ignition

Most importantly.....................Have you had the burner out? Another worrying thing they do is the insulation inside drops and they can burn a hole through the heat exchanger and case etc! If you take the top apart you will see what I mean.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
They can suffer from the s trap getting blocked which can release fumes. I guess this would depend on where the condense goes ie into sink waste etc or direct to outside.

As has already been said before flue seals etc.

Electrodes can cause explosive ignition

Most importantly.....................Have you had the burner out? Another worrying thing they do is the insulation inside drops and they can burn a hole through the heat exchanger and case etc! If you take the top apart you will see what I mean.

Good luck
had this fault ,the cables melted behind the hex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I also noticed that the pressure gauge is...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
I'll give this a go, thank you
Replies
Views
Looking for some advice on how to get rid of...
Replies
Views
Back