ideal isar he24 leaking | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal isar he24 leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lad71

hi guys, im looking for you to be my safety blanket lol. im not gsr yet, just coming to the end of my training. my mums boiler started leaking and to cut a long story short, i went for the cheapest fix first, 'o' rings on the plate heat exchanger as this was the general area the leak was coming from but i could not pinpoint it without some stripping down first. i bought the 'o'rings and with much trepidation (this one took my cherry) i went in. to my genuine disbelief a couple of hours later and with the help of M,I,s im firing her back up, ran the system for half an hour or so dhw and ch are back on, no leak (bar a couple of minors from flow and return isolaters which seemed to cure themselves after a minute or so) it was the 'o'rings. do you guys have any general advice on ensuring the system is tuned up (plumbing side only) and running efficiently. as i am not yet gsr i treated this as a plumbing job on the water section, no gas fitting was touched.

this felt a bit of a biggy for my first fault find and fix and im guessing some of you out there may quote the riot act but doesnt everybody do a couple of free family jobs when their cutting their teeth?

Use plenty of silicone grease on rubber seals and do not overtighten.
Never touch boiler iso valves on anything over a year old if can help it. They all start leaking eventually.

Consider yourself slapped Lad71 lol. Welcome to the forum son, good luck with your ACS.

thanks for the advice and cheers croppie i think il need it lol. well she's holding up to now so fingers crossed...

When you qualify, make your first job a combi swap at your mothers. These leak all over the place, if you wait long enough the pcb will probably start to leak :tounge_smile:

These boilers are as good as a chocolate flow pipe.

lol. so i believe, good for business tho eh... Cant grumble too much tho, she actually got it for nothing through a local government grant scheme. i guess nobody is surprised to hear they are giving these things away.....:****::santa3:

Hi Lad71, just had the same sort of leak from a rotted seal on the plate heat exchanger, just need new seals but there doesn't appear to be a part number just for the seal, where did you get yours from if you don't mind me asking?

Hi bonzo, i had a bit of grief finding these. thought id have to buy plate to plate just to get the 'o' rings! did get them eventually and lucky for you i still have the pack. the description is 'o ring kit (hydroblock)' G.C.No- E69324
B.I.N. No- 30/04/3B ???
Material No- 171031 (My guess this will be the part number).

I think i got them from a supplier called SPARES. they're on townsend ave in Liverpool. Any supplier local to you should be able to help or try IDEAL directly with part number.
Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
Reading this ordeal is like watching a horror...
Replies
Views
Are they? Why am I not surprised. Ok, ta, I'll...
Replies
Views
Thanks, I shall take a look in that case and...
Replies
Views
Back