ideal isar/icos servicing | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal isar/icos servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodds2004

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi people

got a small contraat of a local landlord and his properties all have ideal icos/isar in and he needs them servicing and 2 repairing, one is pcb havnt looked at the other,,

any one got any hints and tips on these as i dont normally work on them but want to keep him happy as may lead to a few boiler changes,,

seen people mentioning seals go on these regular? the bottom seal of the burner?? and i seen something about pins ? just thinking of ordering a few spares for these as im going to hit them all over 2 days hopefully

Ignition electrodes are a must as they are made of chocolate, Plus as you know the pcb which theory as it goes is caused by the fan ( which is nonsense) .
diverter valve fail frequently and the pump on the isar is made from blamanc . thats the pink stuff that breaks as soon as you touch it. Carry a full gasket / seal set with you as you will certainly need it
Other than leaks (which they are good at) you should be ok

as said carry a service seal kit,when you strip it down pay particular attention to the ionization probes and the insulation panels they often fail,drop into the hex and melt the back of the boiler,also as said its made of chocolate and should be axed to death

had the analyser test nipple shear off on two of these recently. Hasn't happened since I've kept a spare nipple in the van (part no 190901)

and if you as much as look at them, the isolation valves leak.

i think thats why he has had me? i think the other bloke he had either fitted and scarperd or told him they were rubbish and need to be took out, i think 2 could do with replacing, i guess this is going to be a to be continued as i find some problems, keep listening as i will need help on these guys :)

:001_9898:cdodds2004 ... good thing about the isar and to a lesser degree the icos is that parts are prety easy, in the main, to replace.... Your "quids are in" regards repairs .... Happy days :party:

Got another pcb to change on an isor friday.

i did one on wednesday, orange box. only took about `10 mins to unplug old terminals and bang new one in. put the little connector jobby's in as appropriate to the model. another job for my portfolio and another step towards gas safe! hardest part was getting the new pcb box back on the drop down hinges lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Check the emergency control valve is fully...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
A
Depends on area and appliance I believe mate.
Replies
Views
N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
Back