Ideal Isar intermittent hot water | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Isar intermittent hot water in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Customer phoned with the above problem but I am unable to get to see the job until Saturday so I phoned Ideal tech services and was told it would be the plate heat ex. crapped up. Just wondering roughly how long it takes and how difficult/awkward it is to remove, flush out and replace. Thanks

Removed and flushed a couple, couple of hours generally.

User control and board are supposed to drop into service position, better to remove as neither of these like the water that always dribbles out of the P2P on removal.

Would check thermistor first though as neither you or the Ideal bloke have visited the job yet.

Doddle of a job to replace unless it's the 35! Pain in the RS they are!!

Intermittent can be a few other issues flow related though! If it's a Saturday job they deserve to pay top whack for inconveniencing you though considering they're telling you about it now!!! :)

He's a damn good customer though, fair few rental properties, did him a conversion on a shop into 4 flats and he's just started a new build that he wants me to do all the plumbing & heating on so i like to do what I can for him. Not many like that around mowadays! And he pays up straight away!!

He's a damn good customer though, fair few rental properties, did him a conversion on a shop into 4 flats and he's just started a new build that he wants me to do all the plumbing & heating on so i like to do what I can for him. Not many like that around mowadays! And he pays up straight away!!

Oder one from Euroboilers, they're about the cheapest online I think! No loss if it's not the issue IMHO mate taking what you've said into consideration! :) End of day intermittent is down to thermostatic most likely or flow! If you can 'borrow' a p=hex and go armed all the better. ... go with your flow meter and thermometer too though IMHO :)

Take a large hammer with you and if all else fails use it, you will be doing the poor thing a favour by putting it out of its misery. Whilst there take the sump panel off and see how many handfuls of metal you can get out :)

Doddle of a job to replace unless it's the 35! Pain in the RS they are!!

Intermittent can be a few other issues flow related though! If it's a Saturday job they deserve to pay top whack for inconveniencing you though considering they're telling you about it now!!! :)
if i remember right you have to take a section of the gas assy out, and washers can be a pain in back side!

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, it's a combi boiler with a storage tank in...
Replies
Views
  • Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
Replaced a main heat ex today for a customer...
Replies
Views
Back