Ideal isar leak | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal isar leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was out to an isar he24 a couple of days ago after it leaked (lots) from what I thought was the plate lip seals.

Went back yesterday with a washer kit and replaced all 4 lip seals and then noticed the hot pipe O ring was weeping so changed that as well. All was good or so I thought.

Just got a call tonight to say it is leaking out of the same part again. Can't quite explain it, only thing I can think of is replacing the copper hot pipe which comes out the block and onto the jig or worst case scenario the block itself.

Anyone had this problem before?

What a strange thread? Fault on an isar? You sure u wrote down boiler make and model properly?

Strip block right out, trying to force bits in just makes it worse. Think we all had these issues. I don't envy you. Lost of lsx instead of silicone grease. Assemble from plate forward. Replace every union and pin .

Strip block right out, trying to force bits in just makes it worse. Think we all had these issues. I don't envy you. Lost of lsx instead of silicone grease. Assemble from plate forward. Replace every union and pin .

Just seem strange, replaced the o ring and all looked good, nothing forced. I always take my time to clean up the fittings, grease and refit carefully.

Can only think there is a score mark on the copper or something?

What's the mains pressure like had a raven heat push it's o rings out last month after being in 3 years with no problems. 6 bar mains warped the plate just enough to let the oring slip

Scuffed copper or scale pushing seal out of shape. When I go look a subby repairs it's dry, o ring chafed and leaking. It's usually wb DHW turbine !

What's the mains pressure like had a raven heat push it's o rings out last month after being in 3 years with no problems. 6 bar mains warped the plate just enough to let the oring slip

Not sure, will check tomorrow.

Its a pain in the arse as it came through as an emergency on Sunday, out of my patch but no one else could attend. I went as water was ****ing through ceiling, ends up biting me in the arse as it'll be a recall now so have to travel the extra distance unpaid. **** happens I guess.

Just seem strange, replaced the o ring and all looked good, nothing forced. I always take my time to clean up the fittings, grease and refit carefully.

Can only think there is a score mark on the copper or something?

I've replaced a couple of the flow manifolds because of similar issues. had one would only leak when the outlet water was cold! Found hairline split in the plastic!

There not to bad to replace as long as the screws underneath haven't rusted up!! :)

Cheers diamond, was hoping it wouldn't come to that but sounds the likely answer.

280-axe.jpg

Cheers diamond, was hoping it wouldn't come to that but sounds the likely answer.

If you're going to pull it all to bits again you might as well change the manifold Nostrum. I remember another one was spraying a fine jet against the back wall! It'd worn quite a hole in the plasterboard before the custard noticed their kitchen bench swelling up! :)

Top marks to Diamond Gas cheers mate.

Picked up the hydro block today and when I found out it was £80 + vat for a block of retarded plastic, I added a tube of LSX to my ticket as well.

Got there and the leak was very small but coming out of the O ring to hot outlet copper pipe at the back.

Chanced my luck with some LSX and PTFE etc but it carried on leaking. Anyway bit the bullet and whipped out the block which wasn't to much of a headache and low and behold a hairline crack. It runs between the hex lip seal and the o ring opening on the back. Funnily enough replacing the lip seals last time seemed to have stemmed the leak.

Photo 03-04-2014 13 39 02.jpg

Cheers again Diamond, starting this thread saved me another 1hr round trip by going prepared.

Last edited:
the beauty of this website is that we can share our own experiences as an when! I'm glad that what I've experienced and shared here has proven fruitful for yourself Nostrum.

Fixed exact same fault today ending up changing hydro block, be carefull there are two o rings that fit its the smaller one as I found out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I also noticed that the pressure gauge is...
Replies
Views
Sandeep
S
Did you ever get to the bottom of this...
Replies
Views
Diverter manifold replaced, you were right...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks for the reply, I'll have a look at Baxi...
Replies
Views
Back