Ideal Isar PCB fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Isar PCB fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasmanxxxR1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hey guys,

Family member just phoned me and said his ideal isar is not working and has 'PCB fault' displayed on the front.

Iam not familiar with ideal boilers as i consider them a piece of junk.

Is this going to be the main pcb that needs replacing? ive heard that this is a common fault with them.

If it was the display pcb then i assume he wouldnt be able to read the display

Thankyou in advance of useful posts

its likley to be the main pcb but first do your checks revered polarity etc and check the fans resistance,you should get the mi,s here
[DLMURL="http://www.idealheating.com/product-literature/dicontinued-products.php"]Discontinued Products - Product Literature - Ideal Heating[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas man

ive heard that these boilers are a nightmare to work on and that a fault with another component can blow your new pcb

First and foremost, im an installer and my fault diagnosis skills were learnt long ago so a refresher or hints and tips of what i should lookout for would be gratley appreciated

Cheers mate

not cheap either about 150 quid for the orange pcb, on them and thats a trade price. easy to swap over though

on the link i just posted the mi,s should give resistances the fan can blow the pcb so very important to check,the gasvalve gives less of a issue check there power going from the front switch to pcb(cant remember if the isar has one like the icos)and check the ignition/detection electrode for continuity,with the power off put your hand around the back of the heat exchanger if the loom has melted go no further the boilers a wright off

Check the pcb fuse, 3.15 amp in a black holder L/H corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
W
Pain in the arse trying to get info off tech...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
I done that once..... Never again. You live...
Replies
Views
R
Hey all, apologies for the long post: I've...
Replies
Views
richardc1983
R
J
Moved off open forum due to thread content.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back