Ideal isar pcb problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal isar pcb problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JR John

I have an ideal isar he 30 which developed a pcb problem, i have replaced the pcb and now i have nothing at the boiler no display or power, there is 240v going into the boiler and 240v at the plug that goes into the pcb but i have nothing at the wires which run to the on off switch, the glass fuse is fine....... it now has me stumped, also if i put the old pcb back in this is exactly the same, where as before it was displaying a fault code, this now has me stumped.........

yes they are in, i'm assuming the jumpers are the little black bits (sounds so technical)

This boiler is known for this and there are other parts on the boiler which cause the pcb to break

You should of called a GSR engineer to fix it for you

Have no sympathy

Yes as above, changed one on an isor the other week, but you have to check other parts first.

its probably a faulty ignition transformer or fan thats at fault which caused the origional pcb to fail (could be a few other things) the good thing is you have more than likely blown your new pcb because the faulty component has not been replaced.
If jumpers on a pcb are tricky for you then try using the numbers on your phone that might be easier and call a registered engineer.
Gas safe website has all local registered engineers at the tap of a few keys

this is really an un apceptable situation where a component failiure can take the board out when a 20p fuses would protec t it

check the lead between the display and the board you dont need the lead to check the display plug the display directly into the board to by pass the lead. do it all the time

I have an ideal isar he 30 which developed a pcb problem, i have replaced the pcb and now i have nothing at the boiler no display or power, there is 240v going into the boiler and 240v at the plug that goes into the pcb but i have nothing at the wires which run to the on off switch, the glass fuse is fine....... it now has me stumped, also if i put the old pcb back in this is exactly the same, where as before it was displaying a fault code, this now has me stumped.........

Are you a GSR engineer because you do know it is illegal to work on a gas appliance otherwise.

AH 1 my post was directed at JR John the poster of this hence the quote in my post. sorry for any confusion. but if he isnt gas safe registered we shouldnt be giving him a diagnosis or any other poster who cannot supply there GSR credential for that matter. just thinking of safety(and protecting my profession) on this one and people who are to tight to get a GSR engineer and are quite happy to play russian roulette andf have a go at it themselves. i know times are hard for everyone but they are for me too i have too spend thousands each just to enable me to do my job.

fair enough chap diddnt read it threw did i trouble is internet is a pain u can get info from anywere plus manufacturers dont help they dont check id numbers when you contact them have you noticed this and the merchants will sell to anyone

Only manufacturer to ask for my number was baxi. and even then i could have said any number business cause they never verified. merchants selling to anyone does annoy me.

thanks for the reply's, i have called a local gsr engineer he is coming this afternoon

thanks for the reply's, i have called a local gsr engineer he is coming this afternoon

Did you ever manage to get it sorted? I now have the exact same problem, fuses ok, all cables connected and can only be fitted one way, power going into the board but completely dead :rolleyes2:

Did you ever manage to get it sorted? I now have the exact same problem, fuses ok, all cables connected and can only be fitted one way, power going into the board but completely dead :rolleyes2:

Please first contact the moderators by private message, establish that you are GSR, then start a new thread. You'll get much better help that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

clean the lead from the control panel to the...
Replies
Views
J
Turned the system from hot water only, to hot...
Replies
Views
James Middleton
J
This reminds me of the time I diagnosed a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I wouldn’t know on that, but he obviously...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back