Ideal Legendary Reliability | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Legendary Reliability in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquazone

Gas Engineer
Was listening to Talksport on way to merchants this morning. Heard an advert for the Ideal Vogue boiler, which is apparently very good (according to the opinions on this forum - never worked on or fitted one).

Then they came out with the line "and you get Ideals legendary reliability"

Made me chuckle, as they seem to have completely wiped from their memory the Icos/Isar/Istor range.

People slate these boilers, but I like them - I think they have single handedly paid for 2 family holidays :tounge_smile:

if you take the icos isars out of the equation ideal do have a reputation for reliability mexicos elans sprints? all reasonable boilers

I'd agree. Other than running off course a bit, starting with the mini then the legendary icon, they're very good.

Was listening to Talksport on way to merchants this morning. Heard an advert for the Ideal Vogue boiler, which is apparently very good (according to the opinions on this forum - never worked on or fitted one).

Then they came out with the line "and you get Ideals legendary reliability"

Made me chuckle, as they seem to have completely wiped from their memory the Icos/Isar/Istor range.

People slate these boilers, but I like them - I think they have single handedly paid for 2 family holidays :tounge_smile:

i recon its the fubar of the isar which has made them what they are today

if you take the icos isars out of the equation ideal do have a reputation for reliability mexicos elans sprints? all reasonable boilers

I agree Steve that the old Ideals were good, solid boilers, but I hardly think reliability should be a focus of your ad campaign in the next generation of boilers after the Icos etc.

Although having said that, if they can't use reliable there's not much else to say to big up your product

I just had to read this thread once I saw the title!

Next thread, worcester all metal construction at reasonable rate from British gash

They're not reliable though. The Logic has a problem with leaking heat exchangers and the control panel clips last all of 5 minutes before they break. Another part of the company I work for is changing heat exchangers at a rate of 3 a week on the logic that have just come out of warranty. There's no way I'd have one in my house. I'd rather a Worcester. Which are plastic rubbish.

They're not reliable though. The Logic has a problem with leaking heat exchangers and the control panel clips last all of 5 minutes before they break. Another part of the company I work for is changing heat exchangers at a rate of 3 a week on the logic that have just come out of warranty. There's no way I'd have one in my house. I'd rather a Worcester. Which are plastic rubbish.
No cast aluminium heat exchanger boiler is worth wasting money on but I would chose an ideal over a pile of worcester tosh.
Actively reject install work from customers who insist on Worcesters. The vogue is probably the better ideal as it has the stainless gianonni heat exchanger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back