Ideal Logic +18, intermittent fault | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic +18, intermittent fault in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

E

Ed Alexander

Have an Ideal Logic + 18 with intermittent fault. When on demand the display constantly changes from O to C but burner doesn’t start. Can fix by switching Off then On again, but this only lasts for a day or two. As it’s an intermittent fault I’m reluctant to call out an Engineer. Any ideas?

Motorised valve seems ok. But will check again when in fault mode. Currently running with programmer set on On mode (not timed). Have Drayton programmer (Lifestyle) and thermostat (SCR wireless). Boiler display moves from O to C every second when in fault and stays like this.

A bit more info: the fault seems to occur (occassionally) when there is a CH demand. Switching to HW demand only - will normally clear fault (ie burner starts). But goes back to fault mode when CH is demanded, I then need to switch off electrics to clear fault. I'm thinking intermittent Programmer problem so trying with Programmer CH on ON mode (as opposed to Timed). I will update post if this works - and get Programmer changed?

A bit more info: the fault seems to occur (occassionally) when there is a CH demand. Switching to HW demand only - will normally clear fault (ie burner starts). But goes back to fault mode when CH is demanded, I then need to switch off electrics to clear fault. I'm thinking intermittent Programmer problem so trying with Programmer CH on ON mode (as opposed to Timed). I will update post if this works - and get Programmer changed?
Did you get to the source of this problem? I now have the same uncoded intermittent ignition fault and need to fix it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal logic heat 18. Uncoded intermittent...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
There were issues with failing heat exchangers...
Replies
Views
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, Following an Anglia Water complete loss of...
Replies
Views
Back