Ideal logic 24 hw flow terrible | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic 24 hw flow terrible in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi guys

had this boiler tonight. Hw pressure is terrible at all outlets. Cold is fine.

had a bit of orangey water come out the bath taps. Stopcock has been off to change a scale reducer on mains up to boiler in the loft. Not by me.

Cust is an idiot, trying to tell me where there is a blockage on the pipe work. Have asked him if any other work has been done on the house plumbing wise and he said no, I don't believe him.

boiler was serviced today, flue not sealed and condense trap cracked and leaking so I ar'd it but he wouldn't let me turn it off.

Back to the hw issue, where the hw comes off the boiler in loft it drops down through airing cupboard 22mm with a ISO valve on it. I cracked the ISO over a bucket turned it on and water flow still poor. when hw is turned on it is ok for a second then the pressure dies out.

im thinking there is a dodgy valve on the boiler cold inlet or a blockage at the boiler. The water temp is fine so I'm not leaning to towards how hex yet.

is there a filter on the hot or cold I can check? Doesn't look like there is from what I can see.

Perhaps should have considered ID as 2 flueing problems ?
Although not clear from what you say if condense capable of spilling poc. And im presuming poc re entering from unsealed flue

Have you checked the filter on hw Refer to Mi for location

Last edited by a moderator:
39905de59cacad5e8ab4cc83d82af3de.jpg

The plastic condense trap was cracked so had a leak on it. Flue gap was a couple mm that needed sealing. Maybe should have id'd it.

Will have another look at mi's for that filter thanks.

Take the condesdate trap out and behind it on the right hand side there's the flow turbine ( has a red led on it ) if the led is flickering it's needing cleaned or replaced. Did one yesterday on a logic combi 35 ( obviously switch off the mains )

Might be missing something but if the water is coming out a bit orangey would that not imply some steel somewhere on the system still. Might have some big flakes of that stuck in the scale reducer or the boiler filter itself

Might be missing something but if the water is coming out a bit orangey would that not imply some steel somewhere on the system still. Might have some big flakes of that stuck in the scale reducer or the boiler filter itself

Scale reducer was new in today by customer. I don't think he is being entirely honest about what work has been done, he is a DIY know it all.

Either way need to rectify faults before I can do anything else. My money is on blocked dhw filter or that area. I don't think it's on the pipework.

Will confirm my findings.

Defo look at the filter n turbine first ,,,, remember the condensate is connected to flue outlet so make sure like phil said that no pocs can escape ( depending where the crack is ) ,

If he knows where the blockage is you can cut that section & renew. You charge but tell him there's no guarantee if he's wrong, his choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
F
  • Question
Thanks I'll try that. Appreciated
Replies
Views
FrankMcg
F
Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
With CH selected on, if you open a hot tap...
Replies
Views
Back