Ideal Logic + 24Kw Heat only wiring issues | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic + 24Kw Heat only wiring issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

fubar1000

Gas Engineer
Evening all

Fitted the above today but I'm having some wiring issues

I've connected the switch live inside the boiler & to the orange wire from the 3 port in the airing cupboard, as per MI.

But when the room stat or cylinder stat turns the system off the boiler completely dies, as if the power has been turned off.

I've fitted these boilers many times before but never had this issue

Anyone got any ideas????

Thanks peeps

All I done was in short was unplug the old boiler wiring (5 core, but only L N E was used)
done the L N E to new boiler then used 1 of the other 2 wires as a SL
put SL to orange of 3 port in airing cupboard

just can't work how I've done the same as this many times then this one plays up lol

Sounds like you need a permanent live to the boiler, as the old live wire would have been and still needs to be the SL. If you use the 5 core to give you a Perm. L, N and E and then connect the SL from the boiler to the Orange wire from 3 port valve.

Yes, you can use the 5th wire for the wire from the PL terminal at the boiler to the live at the pump for the pump overrun,

Check the wires at the junction box to sus wot is wot, the heat only requires a L N and E to feed the boiler a switch live to your 3porter orannge and a L N and E to your external pump, Trace the boiler live, nuetral n earth back to box and change accordingly, you might find it tricky depending on the way the sparky wired it as nine times outa ten they do there own way of wiring which can confuse, i sometimes find it simpler to start at the beginning lol

All sorted now chaps

was a bit of a pain but had to strip most of the wiring out then start over

thanks for the help lads

Well done mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes the valves are open. When we tap the pipe...
Replies
Views
W
Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Back