Ideal Logic 30 - Not Working after removing Condensate pump | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic 30 - Not Working after removing Condensate pump in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

C

Colin HD

Hi Guys
Re decorating the kitchen and found an external gully almost directly under the boiler location.
Apparently the previous owner/installer didn't realist was there, because they ran the condensate into pump/trough and then up into the roof space and over to the kitchen sink!

I have removed/disconnected the condensate pump and run the pipe directly into the gully.
I simply removed the cables from the pump and put everything back together and now the CH is not working.
The HW works fine and kicks out some condensate, but no CW.

There is a Honeywell thermostat wired in and when you increase the temperature that is 'clicking in' but the boiler is not firing up.
Feel I might need to install a 'link' but cannot work out how /where.

Help would be great

Attachments

• DSCF5316.jpg
    DSCF5316.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 65
time to call a gas safe eng out i think but

you didnt remove anything looking like this did you?

mVcEKnQym_tGsqYxz7u_GDg.jpg

31NzmhXv59L._SX300_.jpg

or if wired what model no of room stat have you got

Last edited:
No, I didn't remover the receiver unit, just the pump power supply and High Level(?) wire.
Installed in 2016, or thereabouts, paperwork came with the house sale, but will have to check.

if the pump fails it is run in series to the boiler to prevent the boiler from working, by removing the pump you have effectively left the circuit open so boiler cant work, call a sparky with a meter to sort it, you do not need to go near the boiler to make it work.

if the pump fails it is run in series to the boiler to prevent the boiler from working, by removing the pump you have effectively left the circuit open so boiler cant work, call a sparky with a meter to sort it, you do not need to go near the boiler to make it work.

combi boiler mate

and, the pump is wired to fail safe, he has removed the pump!

but works in hot water normally pumps fail safe are wired into the power (mains) so if the pump fails the boiler doesnt have power

if its wired into the central heating its been wired wrong

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for the confirmation. Having watched...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Good stuff, yep I can’t totally relate to...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
Back