Ideal logic boilers | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic boilers in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Richie_77

Am thinking of using ideal a lot more as Im going off of Worcester. Does anyone have any bad points about them.

Last edited by a moderator:
All but the vogue have aluminium heat exchangers. Cant adjust the gas ratio on the gas valve (you can physically but ideal do not provide the details for it to be set unlike worcester {dont get me wrong I hate worcesters}) flue is a bit flimsy the whole elbow on the standard horizontal is plastic but does the job.

The gas valve thing is a bit naf though you can't alter the gas valve on the wb cdi compact either.
Im taking this as a we the manufacturers wanna get a foot in through the door with our servicing plan
ideals are now out.

Vaillant. Join the 'Advance' scheme, offer longer warranties. Make sure system is A1 clean (thorough powerflush) before install though.

Installed my first and only one so far the other week. Very easy fit. I'll be fitting more, for most installs anyway. For longer flue runs I prefer Vaillants, just personal preference towards their flue in that instance, as mentioned the ideals flue is a little plasticy

I like the logic + myself. Very simple boiler with long warranty and all the parts seem very easy to change and cheep compared to other manufacturers

They don't handle "ANY" dirt in the system, pumps and diverters fail where other boilers would chug along regardless

baxi duotec hea,makes the logic look pants,7 year warranty as well

I'd second that. Baxi convert. Only thing i don't like is the off centre flue but thats no big deal.

Well built, pretty reliable, miles of room to get inside.
Good boilers:smile:

Btw i was reading today ideal have now sold a million logics

I'd second that. Baxi convert. Only thing i don't like is the off centre flue but thats no big deal.

Well built, pretty reliable, miles of room to get inside.
Good boilers:smile:

Btw i was reading today ideal have now sold a million logics
think baxi said there on 7.5 million with the duotec

Thanks for all the replies, I'm left slightly undecided now. I have to say that I'm not that impressed with the duo tec, I'm pulling one out Monday that's only 6 years old that's got a hole in the main heat exchanger and leaking into the condense

Its the std giannoni heat exchanger as used in umpteen boilers. Not a baxi specific problem

Thanks for all the replies, I'm left slightly undecided now. I have to say that I'm not that impressed with the duo tec, I'm pulling one out Monday that's only 6 years old that's got a hole in the main heat exchanger and leaking into the condense

Not common at all

quite like em good value for money, with the bundle deals theyre cheaper than a Baxi. that 7 year warrenty makes them an easy sell to a customer and i'd happily put one in my house if i owned one

only thing i've found so far is the flow sensor goes

I love the logics, great boiler and dead easy to install. Fitted my first vogue last week, again very simple to install and the 10 year warranty makes it an easy seller. only downfall of the vogue is the size, wouldn't be able to fit that in a kitchen cupboard, logics are however tiny

what are the t&c's for the ten year warranty? i herd that Ideal guarantees are covered by Homeserve, and we had and still have issues with them on the Vaillant guarantees from a few years ago.

logic is a good boiler and so is the duotec (not the ga mark2 bag of shiz)

The flow turbines tend to scale up a lot iv done 2 this week and one was only 15month old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
If you want lower hot water temperatures and...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back