Ideal Logic Code Boilers & Green Deal | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic Code Boilers & Green Deal in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greenerdeal

Hi, I'm interested to know any views on the Ideal Logic Code boiler range with flue gas recovery.

Like a lot of people currently, I'm looking at a new boiler & flue gas recovery unit to access funding from the latest Green Deal scheme. A lot of installers are recommending the Ideal Code boilers. I can see it's a neat solution as the flue gas unit is built in but is the recommendation possibly based more on ease of install/price point/installer incentives?

From what I can see, the Logic Code is based on the oldest current Ideal boiler range (ally heat exchanger, well documented reliability problems etc) and was originally aimed at the budget new-build housing market. Is this about right or am I being a bit unfair?

The Baxi/Potterton, Vaillant and a few others boilers available with a separate flue gas unit look better boilers on paper but are a fair bit more expensive & take up a lot more space.
Any thoughts or better still experience with the Logic boiler appreciated before I take the plunge....

Thanks

Logic is brilliant way above valliant interms of Eco design and installation, I would much rather a logic combi than a valliant. Baxi one is ok but heat recovery unit isn't as tidy as code

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
If you want lower hot water temperatures and...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
Ok. Thanks get it. So ultimately, the tank...
Replies
Views
hello, old post but what did you go with in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
Back