Ideal Logic Combi 24 Boiler not working ? Radiators cold | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi 24 Boiler not working ? Radiators cold in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anthony 44

We own a Ideal Logic Combi 24.
Over the last week or so, the heat has been decreasing in the downstairs radiators. Today the heat disappeared from both the upstairs and downstairs radiators.
This evening I turned off all the left hand valves on the upstairs rads, in the hope this would send the heat downstairs..2 hours later a small success, in that the downstairs rads were lookwarm,at best..but no more.
The boiler is located in the loft and is only 2 years old. Of course the warranty ran out last week !!
The operation mode goes to status C, and then Status C with the burner sign..but burner sign does not stay on long. Hot water still works fine.
The boiler was only serviced a month or so ago, so I am assuming nothing major should have gone wrong ?
If anyone has any ideas what I could try, to get this fixed, it would be much appreciated, as there are no funds at present to call a plumber out!
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Checked the programmer?
And room stat?

Hi,, remote programmer in downstairs hallway reads 21.5 degrees.. Am trying to get it up to 23 degrees, without sucess.. programmer seems to work ok, looking at the readout..we only use it in manual. Many thanks

Hello. How would I check the pump, and find out if it is working or not ? Many thanks

If your hot water is ok then the pump will be ok
post your location and someone on here will more than likely be able to come and sort you out or call a local guy cause it needs someone who knows what they are doing

If when you got your new boiler it was put onto existing pipework and not flushed correctly that could be your problem. SLUDGE....

We have fitted quite a few logics (over 200 if you count the + version and independants)had very few problems had to change a couple of filling loops and ideal have been out to just one. That was a diverter valve failed (valve itself not the motor) gave same symptoms you discribe when you took motor head off the pin it locates on was loose and floating should be spring return part replaced system back to normal. All heat must have been going round plate to plate.

problem solver

Attachments

• axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Lou, It's been the same since 19th May...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Yeah I think Ill have a Hive thermostat in...
Replies
Views
Thanks to @ShaunCorbs and @cjg for the helpful...
Replies
Views
Ok. Thanks get it. So ultimately, the tank...
Replies
Views
Back