Ideal Logic Combi Pinholed HW HEX Brand New Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Logic Combi Pinholed HW HEX Brand New Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPC

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Was doing a full install this weekend luckily in an unoccupied house. ripped out old back boiler and cylinder and proceded to fit new ideal logic combi. all was going well untill filling the central heating circuit and found out there was a pinhole in the DHW heat exchanger. so annoyed, now i have to make another 80 mile round trip to finish off the boiler and commission the boiler once ideal have been out and replace the faulty heat exchanger! if there was a tenant in there it would be a horrible predicament to be in waiting until monday to get hold of ideal then getting them to go out for warranty repair. Whats ideals back up service like? its the first logic ive fitted, and was a real easy boiler to fit. i was impressed until it sprung a leak.

dont they fill them with water to check for leaks? most manufacturers do

well i'd like to think so altho im obviously not sure either way, but somethings gone wrong with this one and it doesn't bear up well for fitting many more. although i've tried searching and a cant see that anybody has had this same issue so it may just be a one off. we'll see what ideal have to say.

I recently phoned Ideal on a Saturday morning and they turned up Sunday at 9 am. Well impressed with the back up service and engineer was very helpfull.
I was impressed with the ease of installation too and access to all parts are easy. And a nice blue light. Not to keen on the position of the presure gauge, but Ideal engineer said they are going to modify it.
Shame you had a pinnhole, just unlucky I guess.

i tried them at about 5 today but they were allready closed, which isnt unreasonable. i did get the hw hex out in about 3 minutes tho and was impressed at how easy it was to get out compared to some other boilers

I fitted a duotec last week, and was impressd how easy they look inside. Took out a worcester 24i greenstar, wouldnt be able to get my hand in there!

I'm surprised that u r surprised that ideal failed straight away.

I cant see the logic in fitting ideaks tbh. Does someone force u to do it

The new logic can be easily compared to new baxi netatec, which is best left for another discussion. The reason ideal is pulling off a decent boiler this time round is due to the fact they only needed to follow the other brands that got it right years back. I have fitted a few now and can't complain as of yet. I can't get my head round the whole boiler thing just now, I was a worcester man, but changed to baxi, I would be loyal but the new model's have got me confused as to which boiler to fit, baring in mind the whole competing with warranty. They all seem to have their problems one may or another, Think I'll go with what's on offer!

i would never fit a neta tec not impressed at all and thats just looking at a display model

i quite like the logics, easy to install, good display which tells customer when there is a leak and contact installer etc, fitted loads with no problems guess you were just unlucky mate

I've fitted a fair few logics, had a few issues with them but nothing major. I'd fit a logic over a Worcester, but then I hate Worcester and always have. The Juniors are junk, all plastic, flimsy chassis and annoying case. Flue falls apart when you remove the bolts to put the elbow on etc etc Worcester have always been designed by Stevie Wonder on a computer, rather than with the engineer in mind. The only reason installers go for Worcester in my opinion is because they offer the installer a good package, and their service is top notch, but the products they sell are awful (all of them)

Vaillant or Viessmann for me, unless the customers on a budget, then an Ideal Logic on the basis that I advised spending a little bit more on a better boiler to begin with!

Haven't seen the Remeha range yet, think they've joined up with Baxi group now, anyone comment?

Also just seen the range of Wolf boilers, part owned by Ubbink I think, not sure what to think of them yet, but they talk the talk!

Sam

ive not managed to power it up and see the display yet :sweatdrop: but was impressed at the ease of installation, bracket was easy to see and locate to hook the boiler on, flue design was cool and fitted with ease. ive fitted loads of biasi flue's (mainly what the company supplies on jobs) and some of them are an absolute nightmare to get the outer seal located correctly! just have to wait and see how ideal handle it tomorrow. i didnt realise until it was too late but there customer services is open sundays till 12 noon.

I've fitted a few Logic Plus boilers and my customers love them as they are considerably simple to operate. I have come accross 1 instance of a pinhole in the HEX, it was in my own boiler. It had been installed by someone else and it was replaced under guarantee. The installer mentioned that Ideal had quite a few of these but they have changed the design.
Essentially, there was/is a problem but has been dealt with so what more can you expect from them. The measure of the company will be how they deal with the problem when the boiler is out of warranty. Still early days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, i moved recently in new home and...
Replies
Views
Dobsuk
D
A
The more plume the better Pressure guage...
Replies
Views
with claims like that and that price. tell you...
Replies
Views
T
time to save up and get a baxi 800 range
Replies
Views
Well a week today since boiler played up 5...
Replies
Views
Back