Ideal logic + fga test point | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic + fga test point in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelister6

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
What is this all about?! None of the probes fit in this ridiculous little orifice! Just fitted one of these boilers for a builder and luckily I could get me probe in the flue (ooer missus!) from outside but what's a boy to do if the terminal is out of reach? (Got Kane 455 cpa1 kit by the way)

Fitted a site of 10 of these and had to test from ouitside. While ago now, was the probe too long or inaccessible i cant remember now.

haha theres no test point, well i couldnt find it last week when i put one in. had to get on the ladders and test from the termination point :) bit of a bugger.

Too small for any of the probes. It's located on top of the boiler, not on the flue elbow and looks a bit like a car tyre valve

I used a testo and there was a reason why i couldnt test from inside.

I use a bit of gauge tube over the pipe and cover the whole of the end of the probe beyond the side slots ... It analyses the flue gasses no problemo :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Same as DiamondGas, stick your gauge tube over the test point on top of the boiler and then sleeve the end of the FGA probe to cover the slots.

yep had the same thing on the isar had to use gauge pipe as above

Well that's just stupid innit!? I wonder if anyone at Ideal has seen an analyser! Cheers for the tips lads. Mite just knock meself an adaptor up next week cos I can see me comin across a lot of these with their poncy 5 year guarantee!!

As above use a rubber tube test point on top next to flue just unscrew cap,If you get stuck again use the rubber pipe off your manometer fits perfect

Well that's just stupid innit!? I wonder if anyone at Ideal has seen an analyser! Cheers for the tips lads. Mite just knock meself an adaptor up next week cos I can see me comin across a lot of these with their poncy 5 year guarantee!!

There are quite a few boilers now that use this method for obtaining fga! Worcester amongst them! Personaly I think the logic is a good design 1st impressions. Hopefully this will turn out to be one of Ideal's better models :)

As above, point is found on the top of the boiler, front left. Thin rubber tube inside the casing takes the gasses to the point.Rothenberger do a very small bore orange hosing, costs a few quid and slips over my FGA probe and nicely over the boiler test point.Also be careful when tightening the cap back on, the metal is very soft, as I found out a few months back. Had to turn boiler off for the day until I got the replacement kit from plumb centre.

But wouldn't you have thought they'd make the test point to accomodate the standard friggin probes?! Or are we gonna have to spunk out more cash for a new set?

But wouldn't you have thought they'd make the test point to accomodate the standard friggin probes?! Or are we gonna have to spunk out more cash for a new set?
The standard tube of my works TPI fits perfectly on these test points. Surely that is not the crappy TPI getting one up on the other brands?:hurray:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
A
Quite possible, although the engineers...
Replies
Views
A
I did hold my FGA probe above the point when...
Replies
Views
It will go on with some elbow grease. Service...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back