Ideal logic + | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal logic + in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
What are your thoughts on the ideal logic? Been out for a while now i guess a lot have been fitted. I have fitted a few they seem good to fit, quiet and quite small and light.
Im just wondering weather ideal's rubbish reliabilty has reared it's ugly head yet? Has Anybody had any problems so far???
I normally fit baxi duo tecs and baxi solos, if the logic is reliable I'll fit more of them as there cheaper smaller and nicer to fit. And a 5 year warranty

i dont know, the guy from plumb centre thinks they are great that is a bad sign as far as i am concerned

they are cheaper to get sales, but parts seem to cost a lot more and ideals have never been that in my experience.

sadly i cant post a picture of a pile of poo because its against forum rules(quite rightly)but it is comparable to a ideal,stick with the duo tec(a great boiler)
but bin the solo as they have also made that toilet waste, barcelona anyone? thats the solo heap of trouble

Fitted one a few weeks back as it was the only boiler i could fit due to clearances issues, so comes in handy for that. but from the word on the street Ideals are sh**e. As gasman so kindly put it! :)

Didnt take long guys, i had a problem with a logic today!!! Logic + 30 fitted in November, came up with check other gas appliances on the display, it was a faulty spark generator replaced under warranty. Ideal came out to it mega quick but tbh I think I will stick to good old duo tech in future

Five different Logic +'s gone in over last 6 months. 100% success rate so far (touches wood) with no problems at all. Very simple to fit and competetive on price. We used to fit the old ideal classic and mexico's, but dropped the ideal for Worcester when the dreaded icos/isar hit the streets. I guess Ideal installers have lost confidence with the product and all boilers have their faults from time to time. We all have our favourites, but whether we all agree with what is best is a different matter.

fitted 12 last year 2 already this year excellent boiler, i converted from baxi to the logic last year had no problems so far, but i suppose we all have our favourite boilers to fit, will carry on fitting them join the ideal connect and register every boiler to get your rewards

Havent fitted one myself yet but Im a Worcester man, I was in a spares merchant yesterday and the owner told me that Ideal dont manufacture spares for the logic range yet because they dont have any issues! could be complete rollocks but the guys who told me used to be the service manager for Vaillant before opening his shop so I trust him not to tell porkies.

For the record he has stripped a boiler down and bagged the components just in case!

Fitted a few last year, liked the easy fit, liked the weight I liked the boiler. However I had one that the wiring harness connectors would disconnect with the vibrations over a short period. Turned out they thought they would use a improved harness but had to return to the cheaper version due to the loose connections on the improved harness. The service though was spot on, there is always teething problems.

I also mainly fit Duotecs and Platinums, But I have fitted 5 of these in the last 4 months all with so far no problems. PTs cant get enough of them down here in Torquay.

fitted 12 last year 2 already this year excellent boiler, i converted from baxi to the logic last year had no problems so far, but i suppose we all have our favourite boilers to fit, will carry on fitting them join the ideal connect and register every boiler to get your rewards
Hi ,How do you join the connect scheme? I have emailed Ideal and am still waiting for a reply. The local sales rep told me I would be invited to join when I register boilers..So far I have registered 5 with no contact from Ideal.

imo no self respecting plumber doing private work should be fitting these, cheap nasty boilers, ideal proved there business plans with icos and isar, they are flooding the new build housing market with cheap boilers and reaping the profits on the spares when they break after there warrenty, my x gaffer wont even take a ideal boiler on his contract maintaince as they break soooo often! it just seems to be the business approach of ideal. PTS offering free copper with these boilers!

Stick with a name the customer can relate to

Worcester
vaillant
baxi

Hi, I dont feel the Logic + is a cheap an nasty boiler, neither will they reap any profits from the spares they have a five year no quibble garantee on parts an labor, I think you used the wrong word with "private" that suggest one is working outside the system. I have fitted these boilers and have respect for myself, my customers and other plumbers. My choice is not every body elses choice, I wouldn`t slag any plumber for what he favours or recommends, that is called freedom of choice especially with a respected British branded boiler, providing work for our people and not paying their taxes off shore as some large organizations are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

im going for another cracked hx.
Replies
Views
+1 Ideal
Replies
Views
Again, ongoing thanks. I'll have to get to my...
Replies
Views
Debris build up in the plate. Cust said now...
Replies
Views
Back