Ideal Mexico RS55 Boiler not fully igniting | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mexico RS55 Boiler not fully igniting in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AndyR

I have a Stelrad Group Ideal Mexico Slimline RS55 boiler and just recently it has stopped firing properly. When the hot water or central heating is turned on, the flame in the boiler only stays in the area around the pilot light and the gas further away from the pilot light does not seem to be able to catch alight. The strange thing (to me anyway) is that if I press the ignition button the flame spreads to the whole area but stays small and weak. As I press the button again and again the flames grow stronger until they get to full strength. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea what the problem could be?

For a bit of background, the boiler was fine before I was away for about 4 weeks over the summer, during which time I turned off the central heating/hot water control panel but left the pilot light on. Not sure if this will affect anything but the problem seemed to appear after that.

Thanks for any help!

Agreed a good service by a Gas Registered Engineer.

Thanks for the guidance, I got a guy out to service it and he has said that the gas valve has gone so it needs replacing. He tapped the valve with some pliers and it fired up properly so that is how he knew.

Does anyone know what kind of cost I should expect for the part and fitting?

Thanks

It depends on the type of valve and ease of fitting. Gas valves vary between about £80 to £200+ and labour depends on the hourly rate and length of time the engineer would expect the job to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately the fitting of a new Venturi did...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
I've closed this thread now. You're welcome to...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Back