Ideal Mexico with noisy burner | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mexico with noisy burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,
I've got an old Ideal Mexico with a really noisy burner. It seems to have flames spilling from the end of the right hand burner making it roar. I suspect the burner cap gasket has perished allowing combustion through the joint. Knowing that it's obsolete I don't want to condemn it just for the sake of an obsolete gasket. Does anyone know where I can buy gasket paper to make up a replacement?

Thanks,
Jock.

Have you checked burner pressure ? their is a rope like gasket material looks like asbestos but its not cant think what its called but someone on here will know

Good point. All I've done is strip and clean it and replace the faulty thermocouple. I can't remember it being so noisy before and can't understand why the pressure would then suddenly increase but I'll check it when I go back and finish off on Monday.

Good point. All I've done is strip and clean it and replace the faulty thermocouple. I can't remember it being so noisy before and can't understand why the pressure would then suddenly increase but I'll check it when I go back and finish off on Monday.

Faulty gas valve maybe ??

Gas rate it as they can be range rated plenty of materials out there to make a gasket sheet materials containing graphite of mica would work . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

N
Hi,did you fix intermitent L-F ? I have same...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
There's nothing wrong with external boilers...
Replies
Views
N
Guilt shouldn't have to come in to it. I used...
Replies
Views
R1CKY
R
R
shouldnt this be popped in the private forum...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
S
Replies
Views
Back