Ideal Mini C28 losing pressure on Central Heating | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mini C28 losing pressure on Central Heating in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stget02gt

Central Heating working ok, but keep losing pressure and need to refill using filling loop. Problem only seems to occur when central heating being run and possibly at the same time as DHW. No apparant leaks on CH loop or water coming out of condensing overflow? Any ideas....please

how much are you needing to refill, how often?
what pressure does the system get to when hot?
have you checked for leaking at the prv?

There could be several possabilities. Pressure relief passing, Expassion vessel deflated or ruptured or leak from pipework under floor.

I would look at the expansion vessel first. If you are lucky, it may just need pumping back up.

IMHO it all depends on how long it's taking for the pressure to drop, however, watch the pressure gauge from cold.... If it rises to 3bar when heating on then EV most likely!

IMHO it all depends on how long it's taking for the pressure to drop, however, watch the pressure gauge from cold.... If it rises to 3bar when heating on then EV most likely!

Thank you for the replys. I need to go through the different options.
Can you explain what it means to repump the expassion vessel?

Thank you for the replys. I need to go through the different options.
Can you explain what it means to repump the expassion vessel?

If you're not sure of the components on your boiler, their purpose or position then explaining how to re-pressurise the expansion vessel may be somewhat problematic ... It's not that big a job TBH and shouldn't cost you a great deal to get someone out to do. However it could cost you a lot more if you mess it up IMO! How confident are you at undertaking this task? For me it's important that I know you know what your doing :) I'd hate for you to make hash of it, fry your boiler or set leaks about the place :)

If you're not sure of the components on your boiler, their purpose or position then explaining how to re-pressurise the expansion vessel may be somewhat problematic ... It's not that big a job TBH and shouldn't cost you a great deal to get someone out to do. However it could cost you a lot more if you mess it up IMO! How confident are you at undertaking this task? For me it's important that I know you know what your doing :) I'd hate for you to make hash of it, fry your boiler or set leaks about the place :)

I have some experiance of halstead combi boilers however i have not come across the term to repump the expansion vessel is the idea to get rid of any air locks?. I understand the principle of the sealed systems and using the filling loop. I have downloaded the manual and it looks like the expansion vessel is at the back near the top. I plan to get the boiler serviced and checked anyway however i would just like to understand the mechanics a bit so that i can discuss the situaton with the heating engineer and give him some information in advance.
thank you for your advice so far.

I have looked further down the the C28 manual and i can now see where the EV lives. Do the EV's come already pressurised? (possible stupid question)

Your E.V. is like a car tier, it can go flat, if it dose your heating pressure will go up over 3 bar and then release through the safety valve outside, or it may not go up much if the safety valve starts passing straight away as it will compensate for the increase.
It,s designed to absorb the pressure when getting hot, the boiler needs isolating and draining with the drain point left open, then a pump fitting to the top of it and pumping up to about 0.9 of a bar.
This isn't for removing air locks just to recharge the vessel back to new condition.
Hope this helps..

Sorry,, YES it dose come already charged but as said above, can go down on you (deluxe model)...:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Can central heating / gas engineer expert help...
Replies
Views
it is brand new ( 6 months old ) Worcester gas...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
It has dropped after isolating. Bugger
Replies
Views
L
Replies
Views
im going for another cracked hx.
Replies