Ideal Mini fault | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Mini fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

diamondgas

Totally forgot until now an issue I have with the above boiler! Ordered a load of possibilities to be honest but anyone here had more experience and can shed more light I'd appreciate it! These boilers are the old Biasi's I believe ... mini C24

Scenario is this ... main green on light flashes 4/sec ... Issue was no hot water ...

The flat has been empty 4 months ... the pressure was on zero so topped it up ... pump seized but fortunately got that away!

Issue is that I can get the hot water to work as normal as long as theirs a demand for heating. The pcb recognises a call for water, heating on, moves the diverter across and goes to full fire as it should. Turn the demand for heating off and the sequence of events is pump on, pump off, pump on again a few seconds later, pump off repeatedly! Boiler never starts ignition sequence! What's throwing me is that as soon as you call for heating only then hot water the water heats and works perfectly modulating to keep the water hot!

Clutching at straws maybe but wondered if anyone has had anything similar? Any guidance would be appreciated ...

An update for you regards the above fault!

Turned out to be a stretched pump flow diaphragm! The differential pressure was slightly less across the hot water than the heating meaning that the flow spindle moved out but quite enough to make the microswitch! Weird that it stayed out once maid on central heating! I suspect the plate hex is maybe gunged up a bit too but replacing the diaphragm has done the trick!!!

:D

Hi Diamond,
I have a similar one to this on a C28 where the HW only works when heating on.
When switching between hw & CH could you notice a difference in how far the flow switch pin came out?
On the one Im looking at I can't notice a difference so am staring to think maybe there's a fault in the microswitch itself.

thanks

An update for you regards the above fault!

Turned out to be a stretched pump flow diaphragm! The differential pressure was slightly less across the hot water than the heating meaning that the flow spindle moved out but quite enough to make the microswitch! Weird that it stayed out once maid on central heating! I suspect the plate hex is maybe gunged up a bit too but replacing the diaphragm has done the trick!!!

:D

How did you test the differential pressure across both sides?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Yes the valves are open. When we tap the pipe...
Replies
Views
C
I’m not posting here to agree to do/looking...
Replies
Views
I would suggest you contact gas safe to report...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately most household insurance...
Replies
Views
200% won’t be the reason the cylinder isn’t...
Replies
Views
Back