Ideal minimiser FF50 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal minimiser FF50 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

budgiefirth

The condensing pipe outside froze last week and water started leaking from the bottom of the boiler case.
Since then the local engineer who I have a maintenance contract with has replaced the spark generator,the ignition electrode assembly and the flame sensing assembly. However the boiler will not ignite. Everything sounds ok but the gas will not ignite. The boiler is serviced every year. I think he is reluctant to replace anything else and is pushing me towards a new boiler.
The existing is 10 years old. There was a lot of water in the case and fan casing so could the PCB have been damaged and would this stop the ignition?

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi budgiefirth and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Just for completion, and to have this archived...
Replies
Views
I moved into a 14 year old house a few months...
Replies
Views
Thanks some good ideas. Just as an aside if we...
Replies
Views
Keep a diary recording the dates/times of when...
Replies
Views
There you go sounds like an good engy
Replies
Views
Back