ideal standard CF boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss ideal standard CF boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bazzaa

hi

I have an ideal standard cf boiler. it has been running very well but the other day only the pilot light fires up. this means none of the radiators or hot water comes on.

the thermocouple has been replaced but there is no improvement the pilot light will stay on but the burners do not come on.

any help or suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks

no expert... I had a similar problem which turned out to be the timer had been switched off, turned it on and hey presto.

If pilot staying on & electric to the gas valve it's the solenoid. Depending what gas valve you have it could be 240 or 24volts.
If the gas valve is a grey button type, it's nearly as cheap to change the whole gas valve, others could be obsolete.
Don't change it yourself if not Gas Safe Reg, as the valve will need commissioning /setting up to correct values for your boiler & if not done correctly things could be devastating........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
D
Cadet will cap the gas due to the smell of gas...
Replies
Views
C
Weird thing is if I use boost to put heating...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
If you are thinking about installing pv panels...
Replies
Views
Back