Ideal Standard Dual Flush Cistern Overflow Problem | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Standard Dual Flush Cistern Overflow Problem in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Any help greatly appreciated.

It appears that every time i flush the toilet the cistern fills up then overflows back in to the toilet. This can last for 2 minutes or is continually running. I have replaced the cistern dual valve as it was very loose and parts had broken off it and it wasn't a snug fit.

That said, the situation is the same with the water now still overflowing. It appears to be a problem with the syphon. Do i replace it or is there a quick solution. I'm struggling to see what actual part number it is.

I have attached a video to highlight the issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8412.mov
    46 MB
It’s the fill valve is it getting stuck on the back of the cistern eg give it a slight turn to the front etc

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Apparenty there are 2 similar ones, this is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might find it just needs a bit of use
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes ,splash out £10. . .
Replies
Views
  • Question
Does the toilet cistern fill up eg should be...
Replies
Views
Back