Ideal Standard – Idealfill Cone Operating Direction | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal Standard – Idealfill Cone Operating Direction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
These bath fillers ((Part number A4021AA) come as a pair with one turning on clockwise and the other turning on anti-clockwise. I can see why you would want this with the taps mounted on the bath as the handles could be pointing sideways for off and towards the bath for on.

I have mounted mine on a wall, one above the other, and would like them to both turn on in an anti-clockwise direction such that when the handles are to the left they are off and when pointing down they are on.

Is there a way, I could modify one of the cartridges to change the direction? It appears that I might be able to remove the brass ‘square shaped’ circlip, remove and rotate the silver plate which limits rotation by 90 degrees and then refit the clip.

Tap_zps4f490053.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can answer this now; took about 30 seconds. Clip off, remove stop plate and replace at 90 degrees, replace clip. Both taps now turn on in the same direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Thanks both for your feedback I’ll go back and...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
C
20mm to 30mm is a big difference, just how...
Replies
Views
C
I have a couple of "sourcing" issues that I...
Replies
Views
craigskelly
C
I started with 65C thinking that if it was not...
Replies
Views
Back