Ideal standard jasper morrison leaking toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Ideal standard jasper morrison leaking toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Daz0600

Hi,

I had a call out a few months to fix a leak on an ideal standard jasper morrison toilet. Initially I couldnt find the leak anywhere, checked the waste pipe, cold feed, doughnut etc but finally noticed water coming through a hole in the bottom right corner of the pan when it was flushed? After taking the pan out and inspecting it I couldnt see any signs of cracks etc or where the water would come from so assumed the pan must be damaged internally and replaced the pan at a cost of £150.

The toilet has been fine for the last few months but the same problem has happened on the identical toilet in the ensuite bathroom? Surely the chances of two toilets cracking or being damaged is pretty slim so I just wondered if anyone has had the same problem and is it something I have missed and blatantly obvious?

Thanks

Daz

It would not surprise me if it was faulty again as it has happened to me on a roca wc. Hairline crack possibly?

if they were both done at the same time they could both be faulty, faulty batch maybe.

i had a pan that had a hairline crack, you could see the water leak out
but both me and the customer couldnt see the crack.

just had to replace

Try going over the area where you think the leak is with a soft lead pencil. It should show up any faults in the glaze. I had a similar problem with a cistern, the pencil showed a miniscule scratch running the full length of the cistern that was invisible to the naked eye.

Just fitted a Wickes toilet and found 2 pin holes in the casting. Did you check the bolts on the cistern weren't leaking, assuming it's the modern type where the bolts go through the cistern with a washer and not through a close coupling plate.

Hi Thanks for the advice but I have found another thread on here that there is a fault with these toilets. Ideal Standard confirmed it aswell on the thread but denied it when I spoke to them on the phone? Didnt seem to helpful to be honest and are making it difficult to get a replacement without paying for it, wouldnt mind if it was a £50 toilet from B&Q but theyre over £400!!!

Ouch. Send them a copy of the thread if they have acknowledged a fault in writing ( if that is allowed). I wouldn't be giving up on this one. :2guns:

had the same fault on a b and q toilet recently, the same right hand side, a hole being in the pottery where they pour there mix in, three toilets i exchanged, all had the same problem. nightmare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
Someone has previously replaced the seat with...
Replies
Views
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Thank you snowhead! After 2 days of 'these...
Replies
Views
Add some food dye to cistern - would help rule...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back